The file browser under the storage management page shows the files and directories that have been scanned in (it only works when scanning has been enabled).
The storage browser is intentionally limited in scope to just provide an overview of a storage, and the full power of working with iconik becomes when a file is imported as an Asset.
- Click on ADMIN in the top navigation.
- Choose Storages from the left navigation bar.
- Choose the storage that you are interested in
- Click on the Browser Tab
The storage browser containers a directory listing on the right which you an use to navigate down the directories of your file system.
In addition to this there is a Search above the files listing which searches the current directory only and also a Status filter.
If you right click on the file a menu appears.
- Delete File - Delete the file from this storage. This will only happen if the Delete parameter is set on the storage
- Transfer File - Transfer the file from this storage to another storage location. Optionally with new path and new filename.
The storage browser is limited to admin users only to get a view of their storage. If you wish to let other user levels see the files on a storage the recommended route is to scan and import them into iconik and use Collection Directory Mapping to create collections from the directories.