iconik support for Motion Graphic Templates
With the iconik panel for Adobe Premiere we can support the storing of Motion Graphic Templates instances with a project.
If you are using a Motion Graphic Template (MOGRTs) in your Adobe Premiere project, we can start managing that when you manage the project with iconik. When uploading the project to iconik, we will upload the MOGRT folder contents into the same Asset that the project file is. Only Graphics with .aegraphic or .mogrt extension stored in the "Motion Graphics Template" bin will be uploaded.
If you are sharing project files with other users or computers, you will also need to make sure that each computer being used has the motion graphics template on it before opening the project. This is because we can only store and transmit the "instance" of it - not the actual template itself.
The sharing of the templates can be done via Adobe CC Libraries or via a shared library. This is out of the scope of this document but there are multiple resources on the subject including this tutorial by Lynda.com
The workflow is an extension of our project workflow.
- Work on your project as normal, including any templates that you might have.
- Upload the project to iconik, following our How to. If you have replaceable media used by your MOGRT, upload them as well.
- The Motion Graphics Template will automatically be uploaded.
When you come to another machine, or need to download the project.
- Download the project using a web-browser.
- Open the project using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- If there are any files missing click Cancel in the Adobe dialog for missing files.
- Open the iconik panel
- Select the Project View in the panel
- If have additional missing files Use the iconik panel to Resolve Missing Originals or Resolve Missing Proxies
- When the missing files have been download them proceed to the next step.
- In the top right gearbox, Select the option to "Download MOGRTs".
- The MOGRTs files will begin to download
How we store MOGRTs
We store the Graphics together with the Premiere Project asset. It becomes another format called MOGRT which is separate to the format that holds the Premiere Pro Project.