Metadata Categories are a way to organize Metadata Views for different use-cases and allow them to show up in different places in the user interface. For Example:
- Using different metadata views for different asset types.
- Using different metadata views for assets metadata and segment metadata.
- Using different metadata views for Collections of assets vs. the assets themselves.
The categories are organised in to the following sections:
- Assets - for Metadata Views that will show up in the Asset Page
- Collections - for Metadata Views that will show up in the Collection Page
- Segments - for Metadata Views that will be used for time-based metadata
- Search - for Metadata Views that can be used in the search filters.
- Custom Actions - for Metadata Views that can be used when triggering custom actions.
Each Metadata Category can have a sub category which holds a number of Metadata Views.
In the iconik UI these are simply referred to as Categories underneath the main categories of "Assets", "Collections", "Segments", "Search" and "Custom Actions".
Each of these Categories can have one or more Metadata Views