Users or User Accounts on the System can be Grouped in to User Groups. The user entity should map one-to-one with the People that are accessing iconik.
There are four main types of user in iconik
- Power Users: Users with system administration privileges.
- Standard Users: Users with full access to all available functionality in the system, excluding system administration.
- Browse-only Users: Users who are restricted to read-only and download access, as well as being able to participate in review and approve workflows, including commenting on assets and approving or rejecting.
- Non-paid Users: Users with no user accounts can still access assets that are shared with them with a unique URL or through the process of review & approve. Non-paid users can upload to a shared collection if this functionality has been enabled for the share. Non-paid users are free of charge.
|Power Users||Standard Users||Browse-only||Non-paid Users|
|View Shared Assets||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|View Shared Collections||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Participate in Review and Approve||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Time-based Commenting||✓||✓||✓||✓ (shared assets only)|
|Download||✓||✓||✓||✓ (if enabled)|
|Upload / Ingest||✓||✓||✓ (if enabled)|
|Initiate & Manage Review and Approve||✓||✓|
|Initiate Video and Image Analysis||✓||✓|
|Recycle Bin Management||✓||✓|
|Adobe CC Workflows||✓||✓|
Individual functionality can be enabled and disabled using roles on their user group
Each user has the following attributes:
- Settings - for storing settings unique to the user.
- First Name & Last Name.
- Group Membership.
- User Avatar - for displaying an avatar throughout iconik.
For a full list of the attributes please visit the API Documentation.