Adobe After Effects Integration
iconik integrates with Adobe After Effects by using their panel architecture.
- Support for searching and viewing assets in iconik from the Adobe Application.
- Support for opening files from iconik.
- Support for uploading a rendered composition from within the Adobe After Effects to iconik.
- Adding XMP metadata to an imported asset to track that it is managed by iconik upon importing into an Adobe After Effect project.
- iconik Storage Gateway
Most of the functionality for opening and uploading is covered in Panel First Steps.
If an asset has been imported into Adobe After Effects from iconik it will get a menu item “Open in Viewer” in the search results and on its asset page which will open the file into the Viewer.
If an asset has been imported into Adobe After Effects from iconik it will get a menu item “Select in Project” in the search results and on its asset page which will highlight the asset in the Project.
Our integration supports uploading a render of a composition. To trigger a render and upload:
- Select the Composition that you wish to upload.
- To just upload it, go to the search in the iconik panel and click upload.
- If you want to upload into a collection, go to that collection in the panel and select upload.
- The Render will be added to the render queue and then started. Upon completion, the rendered file will be uploaded to iconik.