iconik Storage Gateway Panel Integration
The iconik Panel supports reading media from storages that the iconik Storage Gateway is monitoring and that are connected to the computer that the supported Adobe application is running on.
Here are some example configurations
If you have a SAN or NAS device that is used for storage with supported Adobe applications connected via ethernet you can attach a server or workstation with iconik Storage Gateway that will monitoring and able to read and write files to that storage. iconik Storage Gateway will report to iconik the availability of files and their location.
The Panel can be configured so that instead of downloading files from the Cloud it will instead read the files that are locally available on the SAN/NAS device.
In the case that a storage does not have the file available, but it's in the Cloud the iconik panel will instead download and use that instead.
If you have a server that is used for storing files used in editing by supported Adobe applications, it could be used to run the iconik Storage Gateway. iconik Storage Gateway is support on Windows, Linux and MacOS.
The Panel can be configured as noted in the SAN/NAS configuration.
It's possible to install and use the iconik Storage Gateway on a workstation or laptop for monitoring and using storage on that device. It can be the same workstation as the Adobe Application is running on.
The panel can be configured so that it reads the local media and passes that through to the Adobe Application.
You can configure the mapping of the storage that ISG is using to how your local workstation has it mounted.
Make sure that your working directory is not under a storage being watched by the ISG
You will also need to know what folders to map, please read Folder Mapping Examples to see some examples on how this can be setup.
- Login into the panel
- Click on your user picture in the top right
- Choose Preferences
- Under Storage mappings you will see all the ISG storages you have in your iconik account.
- Next to the storage you wish to map click
- A Folder chooser will appear (on Windows it sometimes gets hidden behind the Adobe Application)
- Choose the folder that maps to the folder in your ISG is mounted on.
- Click open
- If you get a dialog that warns "Storage is not configured for this mount point", that is just an additional check against the iconik Storage Gateway configuration. You can click .