Collections can be created automatically from directories on storages that have enabled the "Collection Directory Mapping" functionality. Once this is done you can browse the automatically created collections as if you are browsing the file system but with the additional power that iconik's collections bring.
Mapped collections have folder icon with an arrow inside it:
By default all iconik Storage Gateway Storages that have implemented this will be listed under a master Storage Gateways collection, and you will see each individual iconik Storage Gateway and all the directories that it has mapped.
Moving mapped collections
It is possible to move mapped collections around as per moving or copying any other collection. When you do this the underlying directories on the storage will not be moved.
If you have moved a collection or even an asset out of collection which is mapped to a directory on a storage, it is possible that sometimes it needs re-mapping to update and validate that everything is mapped as it should be. To do this:
- Go to the collection that needs re-mapping
- You can right click or choose the three dots menu for the storage. But if you are viewing the collection you can also open the gearbox menu.
- Choose Re-map from the menu
- A confirmation dialog will open.
- Confirm that you want to delete the user by pressing
- Once this is done, a background job will be created to do the re-mapping operation.
Only collections that have been mapped from a storage directory can be re-mapped